- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 cup Long grain rice
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Vermicelli noodles or whole wheat spaghetti Broken into very small pieces (optional)
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 1 Cinnamon stick or 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 cups Water
- 4 tbsp Toasted Pine nut
- Clean and soak long grain rice and keep aside.
- If using spaghetti, then break into small pieces of ½ inch size.
- In a heavy bottom pan with a lid, heat olive oil and add broken spaghetti pieces and cinnamon stick (if using cinnamon powder then add after rice) and fry till golden brown in colour making sure to stir it at regular intervals to avoid burning.
- Drain the soaked long grain rice and add to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes with the spaghetti.
- Add 2 cups of water, salt to taste and cook on medium heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Cover the pan and move away from the heat and leave it to stand for another 15-20 minutes.
- Take the lid off, fluff with a fork, garnish with fresh parsley and toasted pine nuts.