Falafel with Tahini Coleslaw and Pita Bread
Looking for a twist on traditional Falafels? This dish is made by stuffing crispy and flavourful falafel balls into warm pita bread, along with a creamy and tangy tahini coleslaw.
- 1 box Al’FezTM Lebanese Style Falafel Mix
- ¾ cup cold water
- ¾ cup white cabbage, finely shredded
- ¼ cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp Al’FezTM Natural Tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 6 pita breads
- Fresh coriander (for garnish)
Al’FezTM Lebanese Style Falafel Mix
- In a bowl, add water and falafel mix. Combine well and set aside stand for 10 min.
- Shape the mixture using a spoon into 12 balls.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 min or Airfry at 375°F for 15 min (turning once), or Fry in hot oil for 3 min (turning every 20 seconds until golden brown).
- In a medium bowl, add cabbage and onion.
- Add Tahini Dressing and olive oil, and toss until well coated. Chill and serve.
- In a small bowl, add all ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Cut the pita bread in half and fill with falafel and salad.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.