Mediterranean Falafel Bowl
This bowl is a delicious and healthy meal that is perfect for lunch or dinner. With crispy falafel balls, fresh vegetables, and a Tahini drizzle!
- 1 box Al’FezTM Lebanese Style Falafel Mix
- ¾ cup cold water
- 1 bag (approx. 340 g) salad greens
- 2 large red chilies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup edamame beans, cooked
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds (or mixed seeds)
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp Tahini Dressing
- Pinch of sumac (optional)
- 2 tbsp Al’FezTM Natural Tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
Al’FezTM Lebanese Style Falafel Mix
- In a bowl, add water and falafel mix. Combine well and set aside stand for 10 min.
- Shape the mixture using a spoon into 12 balls.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 min or Airfry at 375°F for 15 min (turning once), or Fry in hot oil for 3 min (turning every 20 seconds until golden brown).
- In a small bowl, add all ingredients. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl mix salad greens, chilies, tomatoes, edamame, sunflower (or mixed) seeds, and onion. Toss gently to combine the ingredients.
- Divide into two bowls, top with cooked falafel and drizzle with Tahini Dressing. For a tangy lemon flavour, top with a sprinkle of dried sumac.
You might also like
The combination of the warm and crispy falafel with the fresh and crunchy salad creates a perfect balance of textures and flavours.
Falafel with Tahini Coleslaw and Pita...
Looking for a twist on traditional Falafels? This dish is made by stuffing crispy and flavourful falafel balls into warm pita bread,...
Falafel with Tomato Salsa
A tasty dish that combines crispy falafel balls with a fresh and flavourful tomato salsa.
This is a light and refreshing dish that's perfect for a summer lunch or side dish.
Warm Chickpea Salad with Harissa
A flavourful and hearty dish that is perfect for a light and healthy lunch or dinner. Made with a variety of fresh...
Shawarma Spiced Chicken
A traditional Middle Eastern dish! Slowly baked Shawarma Chicken thighs, with a warm heat coming from cinnamon, allspice and a hint of...